Baked French toast muffins an easy breakfast that’s perfect for on the go or just making individual servings.
There is just something about French toast that I love. These french toast muffins with baked brioche bread and an egg custard are so delicious and easy. You will want to add them to your weekly rotation.
The perfect recipe for meal prepping for school or on the go breakfast. French toast muffins are great warm right out of the oven or reheated on busy mornings. If you are looking for other great meal prep breakfasts try these sausage egg muffins.
This recipe is a great base recipe. You can add in chocolate chips, apples, blueberries, cranberries, orange zest or nuts. The options are truly endless. You can even add them as toppings for variety of flavors or for picky eaters. This recipe is a big hit for kids. You may also enjoy this caramel apple cinnamon roll casserole.
French Toast Muffin Ingredients
- Brioche Bread Cubed
- Vanilla Extract
- Light Brown Sugar
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Cold Butter
Note: see full list of ingredient measurements below in the recipe card.
How to make French toast muffins
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line or grease a muffin pan.
Cube Brioche bread into bite size pieces. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl add cubed bread and pour egg mixture over the bread. Let soak for 5 minutes. Fill muffin tins with the french toast mixture.
To make the topping combine brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon and cut in cold butter. Sprinkle topping over your muffins.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the centers are cooked through and golden brown. Serve and top with maple syrup. Enjoy!
- 1 Loaf of Brioche Bread Cubed
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- maple syrup (optional)
- 4 tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp of Cold Butter
- 1/2 tbsp of Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line or grease a muffin pan
- Cube Brioche bread into bite size pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour egg mixture over cubed bread. Let soak for 5 minutes
- Fill muffin tins with the french toast mixture.
- For the topping combine brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Cut in cold butter.
- Sprinkle topping over your french toast muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and the centers are cooked through.
- Top with maple syrup when served.
How to store leftovers.
Store leftover muffins in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. To reheat place in microwave for 30 seconds.
These french toast muffins freeze well. Individually wrap them and store in an air tight container or freezer bag. To reheat from frozen microwave for 45-60 seconds.