The perfect cookie for Easter with Cadbury mini eggs and chocolate chips.
This Easter I wanted to make a simple dessert, Cadbury mini egg cookies. I decided to make my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe and add Cadbury mini eggs. The combination of my two favorites blew my mind. I mean is it even Easter without mini eggs. Now I have to admit I bought two bags of mini eggs and before I even thought about making these I had finished a bag. Why are they so dang delicious.
This chocolate chip cookie recipe is both soft and chewy. The key to that is both sugar and light brown sugar. Also taking the cookies out of the oven right as they are slightly golden.
My favorite way to make cookies
Now over the years I have learned that my favorite way to bake cookies was using parchment paper. But it seemed so wasteful. For Christmas this year my sister in law gifted me these silicone baking mats. They have been a total game changer with the amount of baking I have been doing recently.
Cadbury Mini Eggs
I like a combination of broken and intact mini eggs. Take about 3/4 of the mini eggs and with the flat side of my knife push down with my palm breaking the egg. You can also do this with a rolling pin and a ziplock bag.
Cadbury Cookies Ingredients
- Unsalted Softened Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Chocolate Chips
Shop Kitchen Tools and Ingredients
How to make Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl or a stand mixer cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Incorporate vanilla and egg mix for about 15 seconds. Don’t over mix.
In a separate bowl sift together flour, sea salt and baking soda. Next gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined. Add in Cadbury mini eggs and chocolate chips.
Roll dough into balls on a greased or lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. You just want them ever so golden. The edges will be slightly brown. Don’t over bake these. Cool on a baking rack and try not to eat them all before Easter.
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Softened Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1/3 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 TSP of Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup of Flour
- 1/2 TSP of Salt
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 Cup of Chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add in vanilla and egg until incorporated about 15 seconds. Don't over mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, sea salt and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Add in Cadbury mini eggs and chocolate chips.
- I like to use a cookie scoop or roll dough into balls on a greased or lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. You just want them ever so golden. The edges will be slightly brown. Don't over bake these.
- Cool on a baking rack and enjoy for an Easter dessert.
If you use a cookies scoop you will get 24 uniform cookies.
If you don't like an as full cookie use 1/2 cup of mini eggs.