An easy make ahead chocolate chip coffee cake. It’s dense yet moist and full of chocolate. Perfect for any breakfast, brunch or potluck.
Is there just something from your childhood that you crave? For me it is the chocolate chip coffee cake. I used to beg my mom to make it for me. It wouldn’t even last through the weekend it didn’t stand a chance. We would eat it for breakfast, grab a piece when we were walking through the kitchen or for an after school snack. Well let me tell you I just made this and it doesn’t stand a chance it will be gone too soon.
What make this coffee cake so good? I believe it’s the cream cheese. Now when you think cream cheese in a cake you thinnk frosting or a cream cheese swirl. Well this cream cheese is actually in the batter. It make it both dense and moist.
Bundt Cake vs Springform Pan
Well both work just fine. If you want to be a bit fancier I suggest using a bundt pan. It slices well and you can get one like mine that leaves the impression behind of an elegant design. Want to take it to the next level? Sprinkle powder sugar or make a quick icing to drizzle over it.
- 1 Cup of Butter, Softened
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 1/2 Cups of Sugar Divided
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups of Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tsp of cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese and 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture slowly alternating it with milk.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle it over batter.
- Add batter to the bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
I like it with extra chocolate chips. If you want you can just use 1 cup.
Cool completely before cutting.
Coffee cake is best made for
- Make for work
- On the go breakfast
- To treat yourself
- Special occasions