An almost homemade Mint chocolate bundt cake recipe using a boxed cake mix and pudding. This chocolate mint bundt cake is an easy way to impress with dessert at Christmas.
Chocolate and mint is one of my favorite flavor combinations for the holidays so I decided why not try to make a peppermint mocha bundt cake. Every year I look forward to peppermint mocha lattes and hot chocolates at Starbucks. I thought why not take my favorite surefire bundt cake recipe and make a peppermint mocha cake.
Whats the secret to my bundt cake? A boxed cake mix! I know it seems like I am committing a sin using a box but trust me this is the most moist and delicious bundt cake you will ever have. My family begs me to make this cake.
How to turn any boxed cake mix into a bundt cake
This is a trick I have been using for years. It’s super easy and the bundt cake comes out moist and delicious every time. So what’s the hack? Well don’t bother looking at the back of the package we are going completely rogue. The recipe calls for 1 box cake mix, 1 box instant pudding, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and 1 cup of hot water. You can really make this with any cake mix and pudding mix.
So far I have made devils’ food bundt cake, a vanilla bundt cake and my favorite a lemon blueberry bundt cake.
- 1 box of Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 box of Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 cup of hot water
- Peppermint frosting, recipe below
- Grease bundt pan and preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix together dry ingredients, Cake mix and pudding.
- Add wet ingredients, eggs, oil and hot water. Water can be hot from the faucet.
- Pour into greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 40 Minutes.
- Place on a baking rack and let cake cool before frosting it.
- Frost with peppermint frosting, recipe below.
Peppermint frosting recipe below.
Once your cake is cool make sure to top it with some frosting. Here is how I made a peppermint frosting to top the chocolate bundt cake.