An almost homemade lemon blueberry bundt cake recipe using a boxed cake mix.
Lemon and blueberry is one of my favorite flavor combinations so I decided why not try to make a lemon blueberry bundt cake. My friend Jake always used to bake me Ina Garten’s lemon pound cake. I dream about that cake but it is a lot of work and I usually don’t have that time. So I figured why not try an almost homemade version with a boxed lemon cake mix.
A few months ago on instagram Kelsey from The Old Farmhouse MN shared a hack on how to use a boxed cake mix to make a bundt cake. I have been making devil’s food bundt cakes every chance I get since. I thought why not take this one step further and make a lemon blueberry bundt cake.
So what’s the hack? Well don’t bother looking at the back of the package we are going completely rogue. The recipe calls for 1 box cake mix, 1 box instant pudding, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and 1 cup of hot water. You can really make this with any cake mix and pudding mix. So far I have made devils’ food bundt cake and a vanilla bundt cake but I thought it was time to make something completely out of the box, pun intended.
- 1 box of lemon cake mix
- 1 box of instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1 tbsp of flour
- Grease bundt pan and preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix together dry ingredients, Cake mix and pudding.
- Add wet ingredients, eggs, oil and hot water. Water can be hot from the faucet.
- In a seperate bowl add blueberries and mix with flour.
- Fold blueberries into the cake mix.
- Pour into greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 40 Minutes.
- Place on a baking rack and let cake cool before frosting it.
Once your cake is cool make sure to top it with some frosting. I don’t usually follow a recipe for this I use 1 tbsp of melted butter, a splash of vanilla, a splash of milk and confectioners sugar. To make it extra lemony add a bit of lemon zest or lemon juice.
Want to save this recipe for later?! Pin it here.