A festive twist on the classic margarita with cranberry and pomegranate. A recipe for a Christmas Margarita.
This time of year my halls are decked and I am ready to have friends and family over for a Christmas party. Each year we get together and have a yankee swap along with some great apps and desserts but most importantly cocktails! I always try to make a signature cocktail for the evening. Last year I made spiked Wassail. This year I thought why not try to make a Christmas margarita.
Margaritas are one of my favorite drinks but I tend to only make them at home in the Summer time. Adding cranberry and pomegranate to my go to margarita recipe will help bring it from Summer to Christmas. Also try a different version of this margarita the White Christmas Margarita or a Cranberry Margarita.
I picked up these vintage glasses 2 years ago still in their original packaging. I have no idea why I have never used them before but the Christmas bear is just too cute not to bring out for my Christmas party. Can you believe I got these at a yard sale all 4 for $1. Using vintage cups always is a unique element and a conversation starter at a party. I actually found the same set of four on etsy here.
- 3 oz. Cranberry Juice
- 1 oz. Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz triple sec or orange liqueur
- 2 oz Tequila (I prefer clear)
- Top with frozen cranberries, ice and a sprig of rosemary
- Add all ingredients to your martini shaker. Tip if you don't have a shaker a mason jar works just fine if you strain the ice. Make sure the covers on tight and shake it! Up, down and all around.
- Now pour into a glass over ice and top with frozen cranberries and a sprig of rosemary.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 5gSugar: 32gProtein: 1g
Nutrition values are estimates only.