A festive twist on the classic margarita with cranberry and pomegranate. A recipe for a Christmas Margarita.
This time of year my halls are decked and I am ready to have friends and family over for a Christmas party. Each year we get together and have a yankee swap along with some great apps and desserts but most importantly cocktails! I always try to make a signature cocktail for the evening. Last year I made spiked Wassail. This year I thought why not try to make a Christmas margarita.
Margaritas are one of my favorite drinks but I tend to only make them at home in the Summer time. Adding cranberry and pomegranate to my go to margarita recipe will help bring it from Summer to Christmas.
I picked up these vintage glasses 2 years ago still in their original packaging. I have no idea why I have never used them before but the Christmas bear is just too cute not to bring out for my Christmas party. Can you believe I got these at a yard sale all 4 for $1. Using vintage cups always is a unique element and a conversation starter at a party. I actually found the same set of four on etsy here.
- 3 oz. Cranberry Juice
- 1 oz. Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz triple sec or orange liqueur
- 2 oz Tequila (I prefer clear)
- Top with frozen cranberries, ice and a sprig of rosemary
- Add all ingredients to your martini shaker. Tip if you don't have a shaker a mason jar works just fine if you strain the ice. Make sure the covers on tight and shake it! Up, down and all around.
- Now pour into a glass over ice and top with frozen cranberries and a sprig of rosemary.
6 Christmas Cocktails