An easy almost for scratch recipe to make chocolate cookies with Cadbury mini eggs. A simple Cadbury cookie recipe perfect for easter dessert.
Today I am making chocolate Cadbury mini egg cookies. Cadbury mini eggs might just be my favorite candy of all time. Last year I had some fun baking with them and decided to incorporate Cadbury mini eggs into some Easter desserts again.
This recipe is so easy it actually uses a box of Devil’s food cake mix. Almost from scratch recipes make for an easy recipe at the holidays. The cookie is soft yet chewy and the mini eggs give it a bit of a crunch. These will be a hit with both the adults and kids.
Don’t want a chocolate base to your cookie? Try the Cadbury mini egg chocolate chip cookies.
MY FAVORITE WAY TO MAKE COOKIES
Now over the years I have learned that my favorite way to bake cookies was using parchment paper. But it seemed so wasteful. For Christmas last year my sister in law gifted me these silicone baking mats. They have been a total game changer with the amount of baking I have been doing recently.
CADBURY MINI EGGS
I like a combination of broken and intact mini eggs. Take about 3/4 of the mini eggs and with the flat side of my knife push down with my palm breaking the egg. You can also do this with a rolling pin and a ziplock bag.
CADBURY COOKIES INGREDIENTS
- Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- Softened Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Chocolate Chips
How to make Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl cream together butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix in Devil’s food cake mix until smooth. The batter should be thick. Set aside about 1/4 of the mini eggs to top the cookies. Fold in chocolate chips and Cadbury mini eggs.
I like to use a cookie scoop or roll dough into balls on a greased or lined cookie sheet. Top dough with remaining Cadbury mini eggs.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- 1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Butter, Softened
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a stand mixer or large bowl cream together butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in Devil's food cake mix until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips and Cadbury mini eggs. Save about 1/4 of the mini eggs to top the cookies.
- I like to use a cookie scoop or roll dough into balls on a greased or lined cookie sheet. Top dough with remaining Cadbury mini eggs.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Easy Easter Dessert Recipes
- Cadbury Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
- Lemon Pound Cake
- Chocolate Easter Bunny Shots