A quick and easy one pot weeknight meal with sausage, tortellini, mushrooms, onions, spinach and pesto in your Instant Pot.
I’ve always loved pasta but as an adult I really love pasta including tortellini. With my busy schedule it just seems like a weeknight go to or a way to meal prep for the week.
Recently I saw on Jenuine Home’s instagram that you could cook tortellini in your Instant Pot. Now I just can’t stop making tortellini in my Instant Pot. So I thought I would share with you my favorite one pot tortellini recipe.
Looking for more one pot Instant Pot recipes? Try this Portuguese kale soup or 21 Instant Pot soup recipes. Just get an Instant Pot? Check out where to get started here. Trying to find the perfect home for your instant pot? Check out my small space solution with an Instant Pot cart.
Easy one pot meal
What do I hate doing? Dishes. Yup and who doesn’t. I love one pot meals because you can saute the meat and veggies right in the Instant Pot add the rest of the ingredients and you have dinner. Minimal clean up. Which is perfect when you are living through a renovation.
How to cook tortellini in an Instant Pot
My favorite way to cook tortellini is in my Instant Pot. It’s fast, easy and more flavorful because you use chicken stock instead of water.
To cook tortellini in your instant pot combine 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock and 20 oz of fresh tortellini. Place the lid on and turn off venting cook on high pressure for 3 mins and quick release.
- 1 lb of Mild Italian Sausages
- 8 oz of Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Clove of Minced Garlic
- 20 oz. Cheese Tortellini
- 1 1/2 Cups of Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 4 oz of Pesto
- 3 oz. Baby Spinach
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese to taste
- Press sauté mode button on your Instant Pot. When pot reads HOT on screen add grapeseed oil and saute sausage for 3-5 minutes.
- Add onions and mushrooms and saute for another 3-5 minutes then add garlic.
- Remove sausage, onions and mushrooms. Put aside for later.
- Add tortellini and chicken stock to the Instant Pot. Set it to manual high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Stir in pesto, sausage, onions, mushroom and spinach.
- Serve and top with your choice of cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.