Apple cider mule a Fall spin on the classic Moscow mule. A Fall seasonal cocktail that is great for a gathering or even Thanksgiving.
This crisp weather has me in the mood for a Fall cocktail! Today let’s make an apple cider mule. This seasonal spin on the classic Moscow mule is made with apple cider and ginger beer. The flavor combination of apples and ginger is just Fall in a glass. Absolute perfection.
This cocktail is great for when the weather starts to get cooler. It’s also a great cocktail to serve at Thanksgiving. Looking for other Fall cocktail recipes? Here are some of my favorites apple cider sangria, Fall sangria and apple cinnamon infused whiskey.
Apple Cider Moscow Mule Ingredients
- Apple Cider- I like to use fresh apple cider found in the produce section of the grocery store instead of shelf stable apple cider.
- Ginger Beer
- Cinnamon Stick– both for flavor and garnish
- Cranberries– freeze them ahead of time. They are not only a beautiful season garnish but can also help keep the drink cold.
- Lime– both for the juice and a slice of lime to garnish your drink.
How To Make An Apple Cider Mule
Grab a cocktail shaker or mason jar and mix together ice, apple cider, lime and vodka. In a copper mug pour apple cider mixture over ice. Combine with ginger beer.
Garnish with apple slices, frozen cranberries, lime wedge and cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
Want to change up the recipe a bit? These hard alcohols also work great in this Moscow mule recipe. What alcohol should I mix with apple cider? Caramel vodka, fireball, whiskey, bourbon or spiced rum are great substitutes. Don’t like ginger beer use ginger ale or a seltzer.
- 2 oz of Vodka
- 2 oz of Apple Cider
- 4 oz of Ginger Beer
- 1/2 oz of Lime Juice
- Lime Wedge
- 2-3 Apple Slices
- Cinnamon Stick
- In a cocktail shaker mix together ice, apple cider, lime and vodka.
- In a copper mug pour apple cider mixture over ice. Combine with ginger beer.
- Garnish with apple slices, lime wedge and cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 11gSugar: 57gProtein: 1g
Nutrition values are estimates only.