This best burger sauce recipe is the homemade version of the classic Big Mac sauce. Your new secret recipe for burgers, dipping & even salads!
I don’t indulge in fast food very often, but every once in a while I have a craving for the tangy flavor of Big Macs. It’s something about the secret sauce that brings the burger to the next level. I was able to create an amazing homemade burger sauce with simple ingredients that you have on hand.
This special burger sauce recipe will become the best condiment in your fridge. It’s a great dipping sauce for french fries or sweet potato fries, and is a perfect condiment for all kinds of burgers – ground beef, turkey burgers, black bean burgers!
Using just a handful of ingredients including pantry staples like your favorite condiments, this simple sauce packs a big punch. The tangy sauce has a complex flavor, and is one of my favorite ways to elevate a simple burger. It’s a great addition on my Big Mac Salad.
Burger Sauce Ingredients
- Condiments – This sauces uses every burger condiment in one recipe – mayonnaise, ketchup, dijon mustard, and sweet relish or a dill pickle relish
- Spices & Seasonings – Besides the standard salt & pepper, my go to spices are garlic powder and onion powder
How to make the Best Burger Sauce
In a small bowl, combine the key ingredients – 1/2 cup mayonnaise, ketchup, dijon mustard, relish, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are well combined. Taste a small amount and adjust seasoning to your liking. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using it. Serve the Big Mac sauce on your favorite burger, salad or use it as a dip for fries or onion rings.
- 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup of Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Relish
- 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, dijon mustard, relish, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using it.
- Serve the burger sauce on your favorite burger, salad or use it as a dipping sauce for fries or onion rings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Nutrition values are estimates only.
How to store the Big Mac Sauce
Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, making sure to shake before using.