A healthier way to satisfy those fast food cravings. This Big Mac Salad burger bowl will become your new favorite lunch or dinner!
If you’ve ever had a classic Big Mac sandwich you’ve tasted the tangy, sweet sauce combined with salty pickles and a burger patty. I love to make homemade versions of popular food. This Big Mac salad recipe, also known as Big Mac burger bowls will become one of your new favorites. This recipe combines the flavors of your favorite McDonald’s Big Mac in salad form, and tastes just like the real thing.
Hearty ground beef combined with crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes and a secret sauce will make this recipe one you’ll want to eat all summer. This easy salad recipe is a great option for meal prep and makes a great dinner if you are pressed for time. It comes together quickly (under 20 minutes!) with only a few simple ingredients. Leave out the croutons for a low-carb recipe with the flavors of a Big Mac. You won’t be disappointed!
Big Mac Salad (Burger Bowls) Ingredients
- Ground Beef – Use a lean ground beef, I prefer 93% Lean/7% Fat. You can also use ground turkey
- Spices & Seasonings – Besides the standard salt & pepper, my go to spices are garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika
- Salad Fixings – Romaine or iceberg lettuce, cherry or grape tomatoes, red onion, avocado, or any fresh vegetables you prefer
- Dill Pickles – You can’t have the flavor of a Big Mac without pickles!
- Cheese – For that Big Mac flavor, use shredded cheddar cheese
- Croutons – I love to use my croissant croutons
- Burger Sauce – My best burger sauce is a great dupe for Big Mac dressing
How to make Big Mac Salad (Burger Bowls)
Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add meat and brown ground beef until cooked. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine. In a large bowl add chopped crisp romaine lettuce and top with cooked ground beef, cheddar cheese, pickles, cherry tomatoes, red onion slices, diced avocado, and croutons. Either serve the salad dressing on the side in a small bowl, or toss the homemade dressing into the salad and serve.
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Cups Romaine Lettuce ,Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Dill Pickles Chopped
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Small Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- Croutons (I used Croissant Croutons)
- Burger Sauce
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine.
- In a large bowl add chopped romaine lettuce top with a ground beef, cheddar cheese, pickles, tomatoes, red onion slices, diced avocado, and croutons.
- Serve with burger sauce as the dressing. You can toss the salad with it or have people put it on individually.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 445mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 38g
Nutrition values are estimates only.
- 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup of Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Relish
- 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, dijon mustard, relish, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using it.
- Serve the burger sauce on your favorite burger, salad or use it as a dipping sauce for fries or onion rings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Nutrition values are estimates only.