This Caesar pasta salad combines classic flavors with the satisfying pasta. Perfect for potlucks, it’s a delicious twist on a favorite dish.
Caesar pasta salad is a summer spin on a classic salad. When the weather starts getting warm I love the convenience of an easy cold pasta salad. It helps me meal prep when I don’t feel like cooking, mainly because you can make it in advance and pull it out of the fridge to serve cold when you need it. Pasta salads are a great option to have on hand when you need to serve a quick lunch. This recipe combines one of my favorite salads with a delicious pasta salad to make an impressive and filling delicious meal.
Combining the key ingredients of chicken caesar salad with the addition of pasta, this simple recipe is versatile and customizable. You can serve it as a side, but also easily add grilled chicken right in the recipe. This recipe is also great with turkey. Have you tried making turkey tenderloin in the air fryer yet?
Perfect for summer months and hearty enough to serve as a main dish, this creamy caesar pasta salad will check all of your summer entertaining boxes!
And no caesar salad would be complete without crispy croutons. To really elevate this pasta salad, try my croissant croutons!
Caesar Pasta Salad Ingredients
- Penne Pasta – this is my pasta of choice, but it rotini pasta or bowtie pasta or even fusilli pasta works well in this recipe.
- Fresh Romaine Lettuce – romaine lettuce is the best because of the satisfying crunch of this crisp lettuce.
- Caesar Dressing – you can make your own homemade caesar dressing, but for this recipe I used store-bought dressing.
- Parmesan Cheese – salty parmesan is a key ingredient to any caesar salad!
- Red Onion – I prefer red, but you can always use scallions or a vidalia onion too.
- Croissant Croutons – my recipe for croissant croutons will make you never buy store bought croutons again!
- Chopped Bacon – not traditionally in a caesar salad, but trust me, it’s so good in this one
- Grilled Chicken or Turkey (optional) – leftovers work great here (or rotisserie chicken!) and this is a great add in for those looking to get more protein
How To Make Caesar Pasta Salad
Over medium-high heat bring a large pot of salted water to boil, and cook the short pasta noodles according to package instructions until al dente. When finished, immediately drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, chopped romaine lettuce, parmesan, red onion, bacon, croutons and chicken. Pour the creamy caesar dressing over the pasta salad and toss until evenly coated. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Make sure to chill the salad in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and serve in a large salad bowl.
- 1 lb of Penne Pasta
- 4 Cups Romaine lettuce, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Caesar Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Small Red onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Croissant Croutons
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Bacon
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cooked Chicken or Turkey(optional)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cook the penne pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, chopped romaine lettuce, parmesean, red onion, bacon, croutons and chicken.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss until evenly coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill the salad in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 658mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 22g
Nutrition values are estimates only.
How To Store Caesar Pasta Salad
The best way to store leftover caesar pasta salad is in an airtight container and to eat it with in the next day or two. If making ahead, or planning on storing leftovers, a good tip is not to add the croutons until serving to guarantee crunchy croutons.