Baked apple French toast muffins are an easy breakfast. Your favorite french toast casserole but in individual servings that’s perfect for a gathering, breakfast on the go or meal prep.
Apple French toast muffins are one of my favorite breakfasts to make on the weekend. Not only are they delicious but they also make great breakfasts for the week. It’s like have a big Sunday breakfast but meal prepping at the same time.
These are a spin on my original French toast muffins. They have been made by thousands of people and I kept getting the comment can we add apples? I had to try it out for myself! Dare I say these are better than the original? I always love when you guys help me tweak my recipes.
That being said you can make this recipe your own by switching out the apples for blueberries, chocolate chips, cranberries, or nuts. The options are almost endless. This recipe is a great base recipe. You can add in chocolate chips, apples, blueberries, cranberries, orange zest or nuts. The options are truly endless. This recipe is a big hit for kids.
Apple French Toast Muffin Ingredients
- Brioche Bread Cubed
- Vanilla Extract
- Light Brown Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Cold Butter
Note: see full list of ingredient measurements below in the recipe card.
How To Make Apple French Toast Muffins
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line or grease a muffin pan.
Start by cubing Brioche bread into bite size pieces. Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl add cubed bread and apples (set aside about a 1/2 cup of apples for the topping) and pour egg mixture over the bread. Let soak for about 5 minutes. Fill muffin tins with the bread and egg mixture.
To make the topping combine brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon and cut in cold butter. Stir in chopped apples. Sprinkle topping over your muffins.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the centers are cooked through and golden brown. Serve and top with maple syrup or confectioners sugar. Enjoy!
- 1 Loaf of Brioche Bread Cubed
- 2 Cups of Apples, Chopped (2 medium sized apples)
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp of Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp of Cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- maple syrup (optional)
- 4 tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp of Cold Butter
- 1/2 tbsp of Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line or grease a muffin pan
- In a small bowl stir together chopped apples, a teaspoon of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cube Brioche bread into bite size pieces and add to a large bowl with 3/4 of your chopped apples.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour egg mixture over cubed bread. Let soak for 5 minutes
- Fill muffin tins with the french toast mixture.
- For the topping combine brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Cut in cold butter. Add remaining apples and stir.
- Sprinkle topping over your french toast muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the centers are cooked through.
- Top with maple syrup when served.
The loaf of brioche I used was 17.6 oz.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 7g
Nutrition values are estimates only.
How To Store Leftovers.
Store leftover french toast muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. They can be reheated in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Can You Freeze French Toast Muffins
Yes. These muffins freeze well. I like to wrap them individually and store in an air tight container or freezer bag. To reheat from frozen microwave for 45-60 seconds.