This easy hashbrown casserole recipe is the perfect addition of breakfast or brunch. It’s easy and cheesy and great for a large gathering Whether it be a special occasion like Christmas morning or for a shower.
If there was ever a recipe that represented my childhood it would be this cheesy hashbrown casserole. My mom would usually only make it for breakfast on holidays like Christmas or Easter morning. As an adult it’s my go to when I get invited someplace for a potluck brunch or even a baby or bridal shower brunch.
It is the ultimate comfort food that I find myself craving throughout the year. Now I do make it slightly different than my mom. I leave out the cornflake topping and add in some veggies like peppers and onions.
This recipe reminds me a lot of the Cracker Barrel’s hashbrown casserole only theres uses shredded hashbrowns.
How to make cheese hashbrown casserole
This hashbrown casserole is really quick and easy to prepare. You can even make it the night before. Here’s the ingredients you will need.
- Frozen Hashbrowns
- Sour Cream
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Red Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
This casserole can truly be made with any ingredients you want. Want to make sure your family is eating more veggies stir them in. I have added baby spinach and even jalepenos before giving it a kick. This recipe is really versatile.
- 32 oz Package of Frozen Hashbrowns
- 16 oz of Sour Cream
- 10.5 oz of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3 cups of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (1 cup set aside for topping)
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 1 Red Pepper Diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13"x9" pan.
- In a large bowl mix together sour cream and cream of mushroom soup.
- Mix in onions, peppers, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and hashbrowns.
- Place mixture into a greased 13"x9" pan.
- Top with a 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes
You can prepare this the night before. Just place it in the fridge over night and reduce bake time to 40-45 minutes.