Pizza monkey bread is an easy appetizer that is stuffed with gooey mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Perfect for entertaining or a fun snack for kids.
Let’s take a childhood favorite, monkey bread, and give it a twist! Pizza monkey bread is a fun family favorite recipe. Its easy enough to make with kids and even more fun to eat. It pulls apart and is filled with cheese and pepperoni. It’s fun for game night, football Sundays or even an after school snack.
This savory monkey bread combines all the flavors on pizza into a pull apart bread. If you like a sweet monkey bread try making a savory one.
WHAT IS MONKEY BREAD?
Monkey bread is a pull-apart bread that is made with canned biscuit dough. This is typically made in a bundt pan with cinnamon, sugar, butter and brown sugar. There are different types of monkey breads from sweet to savory.
INGREDIENTS FOR Pizza MONKEY BREAD
- Buttermilk Grands Biscuits
- Melted Butter
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Pepperoni cut in Half and Quarters
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Marinara Sauce
HOW TO MAKE Pizza MONKEY BREAD
Start by pre heating the oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt pan.
In a medium bowl mix together olive oil, butter, Italian seasoning and garlic.. Pop the cans of biscuits and cut each biscuits into fourths. Add biscuits to the bowl and coat biscuits with the butter mixture. Make sure to cover all sides of the biscuits.
Place on layer of biscuits in the bottom of the bundt pan. Add a layer of mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Repeat this 3 times and then top with remaining biscuits.
Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and run a knife around the bundt pan. Place a plate over the pan and flip onto a plate. Serve with marinara sauce.
- 2- 16 oz. Packages of Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1/4 Cup of Melted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoons of Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup of Pepperoni cut in Half and Quarters
- 2 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup of Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt pan.
- Cut biscuits into quarters.
- In a medium bowl combine olive oil, butter, Italian seasoning and garlic. Add biscuits to the bowl and coat biscuits with the butter mixture. Make sure to cover all sides of the biscuits.
- Place on layer of biscuits in the bottom of the bundt pan. Add a layer of mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Repeat this 3 times and then top with remaining biscuits.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and run a knife around the bundt pan. Place a plate over the pan and flip onto a plate. Enjoy with marinara sauce.
I love to serve this hot with a bowl of warmed marinara sauce. If you have a small bowl you can place it in the middle of the monkey bread. If you are enjoying this as a family you can use your hands and pull it apart. It you are serving to guests this slices well.
If you can put it on a pizza you can put it in this monkey bread. We have made a lot of variations to this recipe. Including sausage, onion, peppers, jalapeños and spinach. Get creative and have fun with flavor combinations.