Looking for the perfect game day appetizer? These steak and cheese wonton cups are the perfect bite sized appetizer. Wonton cups filled with your favorite classic steak and cheese flavors.
Steak and cheese wonton cups are perfect for any party or game day. A twist on a classic. Who doesn’t love steak and cheese? Now we may be used to it as a sub but why not make it in bite size wontons? Each wonton cup packs a big flavor of steak, cheese, scallion, green pepper and the crunch of a crispy wonton shell.
- Wonton Wrappers
- Shaved Steak
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Green Bell Pepper
- Shredded White Cheddar
Having a hard time finding wonton wrappers? Check out the produce section of your grocery store. Often times they are next to tofu.
These wonton cups can be prep ahead of time and popped in the oven when your guests arrive. Make the filling a few hours a head of time. Seal in an air tight container in the fridge. Do not start the wonton cups until you are ready to serve.
Best Way to Cook Wonton Cups
The shape of a wonton cup is unique. How do you get this shape? The answer is easy, muffin tins. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Lay wonton wrappers over the round opening gently push into muffin pan and pre-bake for 5 minutes. Don’t skip this step it helps make the wonton’s crispy. No one wants a soggy bottom.
Fill the wonton’s with filling and cook additionally for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- 6 oz of Shaved Steak
- 1 Tbsp or Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 oz of Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 2 Scallions chopped, including whites
- 1 Cup of White Cheddar Shredded, plus 4 tbsp set aside
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a grease muffin tin place a wonton wrapper in each cup. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a hot skillet brown shredded steak with Worcestershire sauce and salt & pepper.
- When cooked remove from heat and chop steak into smaller bite size pieces.
- In a mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in bell pepper, scallions, cheese and steak.
- Spoon fillings into wonton cups. Top with additional cheese.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
Wonton wrappers can be found in the produce section.
Looking for a more upscale appetizer? Try these tea sandwiches.