Homemade breakfast pizza is one of my favorite breakfasts. Buttery flaky biscuit dough crust layered with country gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and cheese.
Sausage breakfast pizza just brings be back to High School. I used to get it every Friday. I had never had it anywhere else before then. As an adult I realized it was fairly easy to make and brought back so many memories. Who doesn’t love pizza for breakfast? This is such an easy breakfast pizza recipe. Whether you are making it for Christmas morning or a special treat on the weekend it’s the perfect breakfast.
Like this recipe? Follow me on Instagram to see them in real time.
Bacon and Sausage breakfast pizza is layered with breakfast toppings from country gravy, sausage, eggs, bacon and topped with cheddar cheese. Want to add something healthy? Serve it with a side of fruit. This is a hearty breakfast that will keep your full.
The key to making this is using crescent rolls as the pizza dough. It makes it more of a buttery biscuit flaky crust. Did you know they now sell crescent roll sheets?! It worked perfectly.
This post contains affiliate links.
Sausage Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
- Crescent Roll dough or sheets
- Country Gravy Mix
- Breakfast Sausage (usually pork sausage)
- Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
How to make bacon and sausage breakfast pizza
Pre heat oven to 350 F. Line or grease (with nonstick cooking spray) a baking sheet or cookie sheet. Roll out crescent roll dough onto a cookie sheet or pizza stone. Bake for 10 minutes.
Tip: Use a silicone baking mat like this to line your baking sheet.
While that is baking make your country gravy. I use the envelop country gravy mix from the grocery store. Brown up your breakfast sausage and fry up some bacon. Once bacon is cooked crumble it up into small pieces.
In a small bowl beat eggs with a splash of milk and salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into a pan on medium heat and scramble. Break up into small pieces.
Spread country gravy onto your biscuit dough. Start layering with sausage mixture, scrambled eggs, bacon and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and cut into pieces and enjoy!
Breakfast Pizza Toppings
Breakfast pizza is very easy to customize and switch up toppings. Here are some additional toppings you can try.
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Pepper
I also like adding some spice at the end. I always put out hot sauce or hot honey when serving as additional toppings along with maple syrup. Scallions or green onions are also a great garnish once it comes out of the oven.
- 1 8oz. Can Crescent Roll Dough or Sheets
- 1 Country Gravy Mix
- 1/2 lb. Breakfast Sausage
- 8 oz Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line or grease a baking sheet or cookie sheet. Roll out crescent roll dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While that is baking make your country gravy, according to the package. Brown up your sausage and fry up some bacon. Once bacon is cooked crumble it up into small pieces.
- In a bowl beat eggs with a splash of milk and salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into a pan on medium heat and scramble. Break up into small pieces.
- Spread country gravy onto your dough. Then start layering with sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for a 2-3 minutes and cut into pieces and enjoy!
Best way to reheat leftovers
This pizza is great as leftovers the next day. My favorite way to cook it is to add it to the airfryer for a few minutes. It gets nice ad crispy on the outside but still warm and gooey in the middle.