Sausage, egg and cheese breakfast casserole with biscuits. A hearty breakfast that is easy to make and perfect for holidays, brunch and potlucks.
Is there anything better than breakfast? Today I am sharing one of my favorite easy and delicious recipes for a breakfast casserole with biscuits. Not only is it filling but its simple to make for brunch, holidays or a shower.
Not a morning person? Prep it the night before and throw it in the oven the morning of.
Breakfast casseroles are one of the easiest dishes to make. They are easy to throw together, great for holidays, are delicious and can feed a crowd. Looking for some more breakfast casseroles? Try these below.
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Cranberry Orange Overnight French Toast
- Eggnog Overnight French Toast
- Sausage Hashbrown Casserole
- Lemon Blueberry Overnight French Toast
This is another one of my favorites berry croissant bake from Kara Creates
Breakfast casserole with biscuits ingredients
- Can of Jumbo Biscuits
- Breakfast Sausage
- Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
How to make a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit breakfast casserole
Line the bottom of the baking dish with biscuit dough pressing down firmly. You may need to half a few biscuits to make it fit. It does not need to be perfect the biscuits will fill in as they bake.
In a frying pan cook and crumble sausage until brown. Drain grease. Evenly add sausage on top of biscuit dough. In a bowl beat eggs and milk together with salt and pepper.
Pour egg mixture over biscuits and sausage. Top with 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. If the top starts to get to brown cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
- 1 16 oz Can of Jumbo Biscuits
- 12 oz. of Breakfast Sausage
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In the bottom of the baking dish line it with biscuit dough pressing down firmly.
- In a frying pan cook and crumble sausage until brown. Drain grease. Evenly add sausage on top of biscuit dough.
- In a bowl beat eggs and milk together with salt and pepper. Pour over biscuits and sausage.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. If the top starts to get to brown cover with foil.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
Sausage can be swapped out for bacon, sautéed veggies or meatless sausage.
Can you make this breakfast casserole the night before?
Yes you can prep this the night before. Assemble as shown then cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning take the pan out of the fridge and let it sit on the counter for about 20-30 minutes. You don’t want to put a cold pyrex in the oven it can shatter.
Can you freeze a breakfast casserole with biscuits?
Yes you can freeze this breakfast casserole. Cut into individual portions and freeze in an air tight container. I like to pull out individual portions and reheat for breakfast.
Can you make substitutions?
Yes. This recipe is completely adaptable. You can even make it meatless for a vegetarian crowd.
- Sautéed onions and peppers
- Vegetarian Sausage like soyrizo