An easy and delicious recipe to make a Pineapple margarita. With only 4 ingredients this is the perfect tropical cocktail for Summer.
If you like piña coladas…. Then you’ll love these pineapple margaritas. A tropical twist on my favorite cocktail, a margarita. My favorite Mexican restaurant makes the best pineapple margaritas. I just had to try them at home.
How to make pineapple margaritas
This is a simple cocktail recipe with only 4 ingredients; pineapple juice, lime juice, tequila and triple sec. There is just something about pineapple that makes a cocktail transport you somewhere tropical.
I love a good margarita. It’s my go to cocktail when I am making drinks at home. Once you have mastered your base margarita recipe you can really add any mixer that you’d like.
WHICH TEQUILA SHOULD I USE TO MAKE MARGARITAS?
Tequila is all about preference. For me I like silver tequila in my margaritas. My favorite 3 silver tequilas are
- Patron Silver
Now don’t worry if you only have gold tequila. It’s all about your personal preference and what fits in your budget. Let’s face it tequila can get expensive.
SALT OR SUGAR?
Now this is all about personal preference. I am a sugar or nothing girl when it comes to my margaritas. If salt even touches the rim I just can’t do it. Want to be fancy and impress your friends? Get a glass rimmer.
- 4 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz triple sec or orange liqueur
- 2 oz Tequila (I prefer clear)
- Top with fresh pineapple and a slice of lime
- Add all ingredients to your cocktail shaker. Tip if you don't have a shaker a mason jar works just fine if you strain the ice. Make sure the covers on tight and shake it! Up, down and all around.
- Now pour into a glass over ice and top with fresh pineapple and a slice of lime.
Use coconut tequila to make it even more tropical.