Cookies and cream chocolate chip cookies with Oreos. Made with crushed Oreo cookies and chocolate chips for a moist and chewy cookie.
My love for homemade chocolate chip runs deep but my family also loves Oreos. Why not combine our two favorite cookies to make a cookies and cream cookies. This recipe is simple and you will get thick and moist Oreo chocolate chip cookies every time.
Adding Oreo’s to chocolate chip cookies is a serious upgrade to your everyday chocolate chip cookies. This is my tried and true chocolate chip cookie recipe that works with many mix ins. Check out these Cadbury mini egg cookies or these cherry chocolate chip cookies.
Cookies and Cream Cookies Ingredients
- Unsalted Softened Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Crushed Oreos
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Shop Kitchen Tools and Ingredients
How to make cookies and cream cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl or a stand mixer cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Incorporate vanilla and egg mix for about 15 seconds. Don’t over mix.
In a separate bowl sift together flour, sea salt and baking soda. Next gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined. Then add in oreos and chocolate chips.
Roll dough into balls on a greased or lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. You just want them ever so golden. The edges will be slightly brown. Don’t over bake these. Cool on a baking rack and try not to eat them all before Easter.
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Softened Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1/3 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 TSP of Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup of Flour
- 1/2 TSP of Salt
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 8 Crushed Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add in vanilla and egg until incorporated about 15 seconds. Don't over mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, sea salt and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Add in crushed Oreos and chocolate chips.
- I like to use a cookie scoop or roll dough into balls on a greased or lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. You just want them ever so golden. The edges will be slightly brown. Don't over bake these.
- Cool on a baking rack and enjoy.
If you use a cookies scoop you will get 24 uniform cookies.
Can you freeze cookie dough?
I like to freeze individual cookie dough balls. Place them on a lined cookie sheet and place them in the freezer for 20 minutes. Then store them in a ziplock bag with the air removed. Place back into the freezer and they store for up to 3 months.
My favorite part is if you’re in the mood for a warm freshly baked cookie take a few out and bake them without having to make a whole batch.
Bake as directed just add an additional minute or two to the bake time.