Turkey salad with grapes is a perfect recipe to use up leftover turkey from your Sunday dinner or holiday meal. A great use of Thanksgiving leftovers!
Turkey salad is one of my favorites ways to use up leftover turkey this time of year – served with a side salad or some potato chips it makes the perfect lunch. I love the versatility of this tasty salad recipe because you can customize using whatever ingredients you have on hand.
The grapes can be substituted for cranberries, (which I’ve done in my Turkey Salad with cranberries recipe) and you can change the flavor profile however you’d like – add fresh herbs such as dill or parsley. Try adding in different dressings, such as sour cream, apple cider vinegar, or dijon mustard.
Instead of the more traditional turkey salad using just turkey and mayonnaise, I like to add a few more ingredients to mine to create this delicious recipe for a lighter, tastier turkey salad. My secret ingredient is the addition of greek yogurt. I use it as the base of the dressing along with lemon juice to help lighten up the recipe by cutting down on the amount of mayonnaise.
I love adding grapes to my turkey salad as a great way to add a fresh bite and hint of sweetness while the celery provides a satisfying crunch.
Turkey Salad with Grapes Ingredients
- Shredded Turkey – leftovers work great here, and you can always substitute chicken breast or tuna (rotisserie chicken works great in this recipe too!)
- Mayonnaise – Turkey salad isn’t turkey salad without the mayo!
- Plain Greek Yogurt – this lightens up the turkey salad and makes it a healthier option than full mayonnaise.
- Scallions – also known as green onions, but you can use red onion too.
- Celery Stick – this adds texture and a satisfying crunch to the turkey salad.
- Grapes – this adds a sweet note to the mixture.
- Lemon Juice – I always prefer fresh, but bottled lemon will also work.
How To Make The Best Turkey Salad
Place your shredded turkey into a large bowl and add your scallions, celery and cranberries. In a separate smaller bowl whisk together the following ingredients – 1/4 cup mayonnaise, greek yogurt, kosher salt, black pepper and lemon juice until combined. Pour over the shredded turkey mixture. Lightly toss to combine and serve between two slices of bread or on a crisp lettuce leaf.
- 3 Cups Shredded Turkey
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Scallions Chopped
- 1 Celery Stock Chopped
- 1/4 cup Grapes Quartered
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- Add shredded turkey into a larger bowl
- Add scallions, celery and grapes
- In a smaller bow add mayonnaise, greek yogurt, salt, pepper and lemon juice
- Whisk together and pour over turkey combination
- Lightly toss all together until fully combines
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 583mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 41g
Nutrition values are estimates only.
How to store leftovers
The best way to store leftover turkey salad is in an airtight container and for best results make sure to eat it with in the next day or two.