The easiest way to make air fryer asparagus in just minutes with only a few simple ingredients. Perfect side dish to go with any main course.
Just like my recipe for air fryer green beans, this air fryer asparagus is one of my favorite easy side. It pairs well with just about any main dish. What I especially love about this healthy side dish is that the asparagus can be made in just minutes with a handful of ingredients.
Using the air fry method instead of oven roasting reduces the cooking time and uses less oil. Best thing is that cooking in the air fryer frees up extra space in the oven, making it a perfect addition to any quick weeknight dinner or elaborate holiday meal.
This is one of my go-to recipes because it only has 5 ingredients, most of which you most likely already have on hand. It comes together quickly and is easily customizable. This makes this asparagus recipe versatile and a great option for when you’re cooking out of your pantry.
Want to try something different? Add some garlic or onion powder. Other great options to change things up are red pepper flakes, chili powder, Italian seasoning or top with fresh herbs and lemon wedges. For a crispy coating use panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
Looking for a main dish to pair it with? Try this top round roast or crockpot ham. Looking for other easy air fryer recipes? Try air fryer green beans, air fryer turkey and Air Fryer Turkey Tenderloin.
This post contains affiliate links.
Air Fryer Asparagus Ingredients
- Fresh Asparagus – You can trim the woody ends of the asparagus with a sharp knife or snap them with your hands.
- Olive Oil– Just enough to coat the asparagus, you could also use olive oil spray
- Seasonings– You can add as much or as little to your preference. The main ones that I use are salt and black pepper – but garlic powder can be a great addition. Customize the recipe to your liking by adding additional spices such as red pepper flakes, onion powder lemon zest, or parmesan cheese
- Lemon – I always use a fresh lemon for both the juice and the zest, but in a pinch bottled lemon juice will work just fine.
How to Make Air Fryer Asparagus
Let your air fryer preheat for 5 minutes at 400º F. Wash and trim asparagus, and in a large bowl add toss them with the olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice. For best results, place them in the air fryer basket or tray making sure to put them in a single layer. Cook them for 6-8 minutes depending on your preferred level of crispiness, turning halfway through. Enjoy!
Air Fryer with Trays
Most air fryers have baskets. I actually prefer an air fryer with trays instead. This allows you to cook multiple items at once on different trays. Or have more surface area when you need to cook asparagus in a single layer. I have this air fryer and I’ve had it for a little over a year and absolutely love it.
- 1 lb of Fresh Asparagus
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Lemon Zested and Juiced
- Preheat air fryer to 400ºF.
- Wash and trim asparagus.
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice. Toss asparagus until coated.
- Add asparagus to your air fryer in a single layer. Cook for 6-8 minutes turning them over half way through.
If you don't like a strong lemon flavor just use the juice of half a lemon.
Garlic powder and parmesan cheese is a great addition to this recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Nutrition values are estimates only.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Air Fryer Asparagus
- Let the asparagus cool to room temperature and store leftovers in an airtight container.
- Leftover asparagus will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- Reheat the asparagus using the ‘reheat’ option on your air fryer for a few minutes for a more crispy result, or simply reheat in the microwave.