The easiest way to make air fryer green beans in just minutes with only a few simple ingredients. Makes a perfect side dish to go with any main course.
Air fryer green beans are one of my favorite easy side dishes that pairs well with just about any main dish. What I especially love about this recipe is that these green beans can be made in just minutes with a handful of ingredients without taking up extra space in the oven, making it a perfect addition to any quick weeknight dinner or an elaborate holiday meal.
This is one of my go-to recipes because it only has 5 ingredients, most of which you likely already have on hand. It comes together quickly and is easily customizable to make this green beans recipe versatile and a great option for when you’re cooking out of your pantry.
Don’t have garlic powder? Substitute onion powder. Want to try something a little different? Some great options for seasoning are red pepper flakes, chili powder, curry powder, Italian seasoning or top with fresh herbs and lemon wedges. For a crispy coating use panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. The possibilities are endless!
Looking for a main dish to pair it with? Try this top round roast, air fryer turkey or air fryer turkey tenderloin. Thinking of adding another side dish? Try this broccoli casserole with Ritz crackers and apple sausage stuffing.
Air Fryer Green Beans Ingredients
- Green Beans- Fresh green beans work best. You can trim the ends of the green beans with a knife or snap them with your hands.
- Olive Oil- Just enough to coat the beans, you could also use olive oil spray
- Garlic Powder- An easy pantry staple, which coats the beans better than minced garlic
- Additional Seasonings- You can add as much or as little to your preference, the main three that I use are salt, pepper and garlic powder. Customize the recipe to your liking by adding additional spices such as red pepper flakes, onion powder lemon zest, or parmesan cheese
Air Fryer with Trays
Most air fryers have baskets. I actually prefer an air fryer with trays instead. This allows you to cook multiple items at once on different trays. Or have more surface area when you need to cook green beans in a single layer. I have this air fryer and I’ve had it for a little over a year and absolutely love it.
How to Make Air Fryer Green Beans
Let your air fryer preheat for 5 minutes at 380º F. In a large bowl add trimmed green beans and toss with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. For best results, place them in the air fryer basket or tray making sure to put them in a single layer. Cook them for 8-10 minutes depending on your preferred level of crispiness, turning halfway through.
- 3/4 lb Green Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F
- Trim green beans
- In a bowl coat green beans in olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Use tongs to get beans evenly coated.
- Add them to your air fryer in a single layer. Cook for 8-10 minutes turning them over half way through.
How to Store and Reheat Air Fryer Green Beans
- Let the green beans cool to room temperature and store leftovers in an airtight container
- Leftover green beans will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator
- Reheat the green beans using the ‘reheat’ option on your air fryer for a few minutes for a more crispy bean, or simply reheat in the microwave