The easiest way to make air fryer baby potatoes in minutes with only a few simple ingredients. A perfect side dish to go with any main course.
Just like my recipe for air fryer green beans, this air fryer baby potatoes is one of my favorite easy side dishes that pairs well with just about any main dish. What I especially love about this healthy side dish is that the potatoes can be made in just minutes with a handful of ingredients.
Using the air fry method instead of oven roasting reduces the cooking time and uses less oil. Best thing is that cooking in the air fryer frees up extra space in the oven, making it a perfect addition to any quick weeknight dinner or elaborate holiday meal.
This is one of my go-to recipes because it only has 5 ingredients, most of which you most likely already have on hand. It comes together quickly and is easily customizable to make this baby potato recipe versatile and a great option for when you’re cooking out of your pantry. Want to try something different? Add some fresh garlic or onion powder. Other great options to change things up are red pepper flakes, chili powder, curry powder, italian seasoning or top with fresh herbs and lemon wedges. These easy air fryer baby potatoes are a versatile side dish
Looking for a main dish to pair with this delicious side dish? Try this crockpot ham or cast iron pork chops. Looking for other easy air fryer recipes? Try air fryer green beans, air fryer broccoli, and air fryer asparagus.
How long to cook baby potatoes in air fryer
The average cook time for crispy baby potatoes is about 15 minutes. You will want to make sure to turn the potatoes halfway through to ensure even cooking. After 15 minutes, check the potatoes, and when they are fork tender with a crispy skin they are done! If not, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes and check again.
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes Ingredients
- Baby Potatoes– Red potatoes, baby yellow, baby gold potatoes, new potatoes, or fingerling potatoes all work great in this recipe
- Olive Oil– Just enough to coat the potatoes, you could also use olive oil spray
- Seasonings– You can add as much or as little to your preference, and the main ones that I use are salt and black pepper, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and paprika. Add any of your other favorite seasonings you like – fresh rosemary or cayenne pepper or cajun seasoning – the possibilities are endless!
This post contains affiliate links.
Air Fryer with Trays
Most air fryers have baskets. I actually prefer an air fryer with trays instead. This allows you to cook multiple items at once on different trays. Or have more surface area when you need to cook green beans in a single layer. I have this air fryer and I’ve had it for a little over a year and absolutely love it.
How to Make Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Rinse the baby potatoes and pat them dry with paper towels. Cut potatoes in half, or for larger potatoes quarter, and place in a large mixing bowl. Mix baby potatoes with a little bit of olive oil, garlic powder, parmesan paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss potatoes in the seasoning mixture until evenly coated.
Place the seasoned baby potatoes in the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer and cook for 15 minutes, turning potatoes halfway through to ensure even cooking. Check the potatoes for doneness by inserting a fork. If they’re tender, they’re ready to eat. If not, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- 1 ½ pound baby potatoes
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- * Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse the baby potatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Cut potatoes in half and place in a large bowl.
- Mix baby potatoes with olive oil, garlic powder, parmesan paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss potatoes in the seasoning mixture until evenly coated.
- Place the seasoned baby potatoes in the air fryer basket or tray and cook for 15 minutes, turning potatoes halfway through.
- Check the potatoes for doneness by inserting a fork. If they're tender, they're ready to eat. If not, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutrition values are estimates only.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Let the potatoes cool to room temperature and store leftovers in an airtight container
- Leftover potatoes will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator
- Reheat leftover cooked potatoes using the ‘reheat’ option on your air fryer for a few minutes for a more crispy texture, or simply reheat in the microwave.