The Best Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
Easiest way to make air fryer broccoli in minutes with only a few simple ingredients. Makes a perfect side dish to go with any main course.
Air fryer broccoli is an easy side dish that pairs well with just about any main dish. Cooking broccoli in the air fryer results in a tender texture with crispy edges, and is one of the most delicious ways to cook broccoli in a fraction of the time of traditional oven roasting.
What I especially love about this recipe is that this healthy side dish can be made in just minutes with a handful of ingredients without taking up extra space in the oven. Making it a perfect addition to any quick weeknight dinner or elaborate holiday meal.
This is one of my go-to recipes because it only has 5 ingredients, most of which you most likely already have on hand. It comes together quickly and is easily customizable to make this broccoli recipe versatile and a great option for when you’re cooking out of your pantry. Don’t have garlic powder? Substitute onion powder. Want to try something a little different? Some great options for seasoning are red pepper flakes, chili powder, curry powder, italian seasoning or top with herbs and fresh lemon juice. For a crispy coating use panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
Looking for a main dish to pair it with? Try this honey garlic pork chops, air fryer turkey or top round roast.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Air Fryer Broccoli Ingredients
- Head of Broccoli – Fresh broccoli is key to this recipe, to save time you can use pre-cut broccoli florets
- Olive Oil – Just enough to coat the broccoli, you could also use olive oil sprayer
- Garlic Powder – An easy pantry staple, which coats the beans better than minced garlic
- Lemon Juice– Use fresh squeezed lemon juice. This adds a brightness and tart flavor to the broccoli.
- Seasonings – You can add as much or as little to your preference, and the main three that I use are kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Customize the recipe to your liking by adding additional spices such as red pepper flakes, onion powder, lemon zest, or parmesan cheese
How to Make Air Fryer Broccoli
Let your air fryer preheat for 5 minutes at 380º F. In a large bowl add fresh broccoli florets and toss with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
For best results, place them in the air-fryer basket or tray making sure to put them in a single layer. Cook them for 8-10 minutes depending on your personal preference and level of crispiness, turning halfway through.
Air Fryer with Trays
Most air fryers have baskets. I actually prefer an air fryer with trays instead. This allows you to cook multiple items at once on different trays. Or have more surface area when you need to cook green beans in a single layer. I have this air fryer and I’ve had it for a little over a year and absolutely love it.
Air Fryer Broccoli
The easiest way to make air fryer asparagus in just minutes with only a few simple ingredients. Perfect side dish to go with any main course.
- 4 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ of a Lemon Juiced (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 400ºF.
- Wash and cut broccoli into bite size florets.
- In a bowl Drizzle broccoli with olive oil.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Toss broccoli until coated.
- Add broccoli to your air fryer in a single layer. Cook for 6-8 minutes turning them over half way through.
Parmesan cheese is a great addition to this recipe.
How to Store and Reheat Air Fryer Broccoli
- Let the broccoli cool to room temperature and store leftovers in an airtight container
- Leftover broccoli will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator
- Reheat the broccoli using the ‘reheat’ option on your air fryer for a few minutes for a more crispy broccoli, or simply reheat in the microwave
Air Fryer Side Dishes
Looking for other air fryer side dishes? Here are some of my favorites I make weekly.
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air fryer Baby Potatoes (recipe coming soon).