An almost homemade gingerbread bundt cake recipe using a boxed cake mix and pudding. This gingerbread bundt cake is an easy way to impress with dessert at Christmas.
One of my favorite flavors at Christmas time is gingerbread. I decided to use my favorite bundt cake recipe but use gingerbread as the flavor. While making gingerbread can be timely this bundt cake recipe is almost as simple as using a boxed cake mix. Today I am going to show you how to make an easy yet delicious and moist gingerbread bundt cake. In my opinion any kind of cake just taste better as a bundt cake.
What’s the secret to my gingerbread cake recipe? A boxed cake mix! I know it seems like I am committing a sin using a box but trust me this is the most moist and delicious bundt cake you will ever have.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to make a gingerbread bundt cake
Now making gingerbread cake from scratch can be tricky. Theres a blend of molasses, spices and the right ratio of butter and oil is key for consistency. My trick is to use a boxed cake mix and I promise you no one will ever know. Here’s what you need.
- Gingerbread cake mix
- Instant vanilla pudding
- Vegetable oil
- Hot water
- Bundt Pan
- 1 box of Gingerbread Cake Mix
- 1 box of Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 cup of hot water
- Frosting, recipe below
- Grease bundt pan and preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix together dry ingredients, Cake mix and pudding.
- Add wet ingredients, eggs, oil and hot water. Water can be hot from the faucet.
- Pour into greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 50-60 Minutes.
- Place on a baking rack and let cake cool before frosting it.
- Frost with the recipe below.
Bake until the cake is cooked all the way through. I always like to test with a tooth pick if it comes out clean it is done.
I found my gingerbread cake mix at Big Lots. I've also seen it in some grocery stores.
Once your cake is cool make sure to top it with some frosting. Here is how I made a frosting to top the bundt cake.
- 1 1/4 Cup of Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- 2 Tbsp of Milk
- 1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Melt butter
- Whisk together confectioners sugar, butter, milk and vanilla extract
- Using the whisk drizzle frosting onto your cake.
HOW TO TURN ANY BOXED CAKE MIX INTO A BUNDT CAKE
This is a trick I have been using for years. It’s super easy and the bundt cake comes out moist and delicious every time. So what’s the hack? Well don’t bother looking at the back of the package we are going completely rogue. The recipe calls for 1 box cake mix, 1 box instant pudding, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and 1 cup of hot water. You can really make this with any cake mix and pudding mix.