Apple cranberry cookies are made with sweet apple and tart cranberry combined with cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg creates the perfect seasonal cookie.
When I’m craving something both sweet and tart, I love to make these delicious apple cranberry cookies. I love the combination of spices in this recipe, the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg create a depth of flavor that makes sure these delicious cookies do not disappoint!
This is the perfect cookie to use for any type of apple – either tart apples or sweet apples depending on your personal taste. In this recipe, I prefer sweet apples like honeycrisp and pink ladies because it pairs well with the tart cranberries. This chewy cookie has a burst of apple flavor with bits of soft apples and cranberries mixed throughout.
Cookies are one of my favorite things to bake, and I like experimenting with the addition of different ingredients such as adding fruits like apples. When I came up with this recipe, I knew I had a versatile cookie that could be customized for anyone’s taste. I use this recipe as a base for any type of cookie. I have made these with the addition of apple pie spice, pumpkin pie spice, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, old-fashioned oats and raisins.
Apple Cranberry Cookie Ingredients
- Sugar – I use brown sugar in this recipe, but in a pinch white sugar would work as well
- Unsalted Butter – Using unsalted butter in baking helps you control the amount of salt that goes into your recipe
- Pure Vanilla Extract – if using imitation vanilla extract I like to add in a little more to make up for the flavor
- All Purpose Flour
- Nutmeg, Ground Cinnamon – the perfect combination of fall spices
- Salt – I typically use kosher salt, but sea salt also works great in baking
- Baking Soda – used to increase the volume and create a lighter texture in baked goods
- Fresh Apples – my favorite baking apples are honeycrisp apples, granny smith apples and pink lady
- Dried Cranberries – dried work best in this recipe over fresh cranberries
How To Make Apple Cranberry Cookies
Preheat oven to 375º F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer, on low speed cream together brown sugar, softened butter, egg and vanilla until fluffy.
In a separate medium bowl whisk together flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. If using a stand mixer, with your paddle attachment mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined. Fold in chopped apple pieces and dried cranberries. Using a cookie scoop drop or roll cookie dough balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown for the perfect soft cookies. Make sure to cool on a wire rack and enjoy! Store any extra cookies in an airtight container for up to a week – if they last that long!
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Apple, Peeled and Chopped (1 medium apple)
- 3/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla until fluffy. I like to use a stand mixer or electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Fold in chopped apples and dried cranberries
- I like to use a cookie scoop or roll dough into balls on a greased or lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on a baking rack and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g
Nutrition values are estimates only.
I like to use honeycrisp apples, granny smith apples or pink lady. A nice tart yet sweet apple is great for these cookies.
These are a soft cookie almost cake or muffin like texture. The brown sugar in this recipe helps make these a soft cookie.
More Apple & Cranberry Recipes
These are some of my favorite and most popular apple and cranberry themed recipes-