Sausage, hash brown, egg and cheese breakfast bake with biscuits. A hearty breakfast casserole that is easy to make and perfect for holidays, brunch and potlucks.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it just happens to be my favorite meal. Today I am sharing a breakfast bake with biscuits and hash browns. It’s perfect for holidays, brunch or potlucks.
This recipe is layered with flavors starting with a base layer of biscuits them, hash browns, sausage, egg and cheese. Even the pickiest eater will go in for seconds.
If you are a sweet and savory lover make sure to grab maple sausage. It adds a delicious sweetness to the casserole.
Breakfast casseroles are one of the easiest dishes to make. They are easy to throw together, great for holidays, are delicious and can feed a crowd. Looking for some more breakfast casseroles? Try these below.
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits
- Cranberry Orange Overnight French Toast
- Eggnog Overnight French Toast
- Sausage Hashbrown Casserole
- Lemon Blueberry Overnight French Toast
- French Toast Muffins
Want to serve with bacon? Try this sweet and spicy candied bacon from Atta Girl Says
Breakfast bake with biscuits and hash browns ingredients
- Can of Jumbo Biscuits
- Frozen Shredded Hash Browns
- Breakfast Sausage
- Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
How to make a sausage, hash brown egg and cheese biscuit breakfast bake
Grease a 9×13 pan. Line the bottom of the baking dish with biscuit dough pressing down firmly. Biscuits do not need to be perfect they will fill in as they bake. Add hash browns in an even layer on top of the dough.
On a stove top cook and crumble sausage until brown. Drain grease then evenly add sausage on top of hash browns. In a bowl beat eggs and milk together with salt and pepper.
Pour egg mixture over biscuits and sausage. Top with 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. If the top starts to get to brown cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
- 1 16 oz Can of Jumbo Biscuits
- 2 Cups of Frozen Shredded Hash Browns
- 12 oz. of Breakfast Sausage
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In the bottom of the baking dish line it with biscuit dough pressing down firmly.
- Evenly place the hash browns on top of the biscuits.
- In a frying pan cook and crumble sausage until brown. Drain grease. Evenly add sausage on top of the hash browns.
- In a bowl beat eggs and milk together with salt and pepper. Pour over biscuits and sausage.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. If the top starts to get to brown cover with foil.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
Sausage can be swapped out for bacon, sautéed veggies or meatless sausage.
Can you freeze a breakfast bake with biscuits?
Yes, you can freeze this breakfast bake. First cut it into individual portions and freeze in an air tight container. I like to pull out individual portions and reheat for breakfast.