Hash brown egg casserole with hash brown patties, bacon, eggs and cheese. A hearty breakfast that is easy to make and perfect for holidays, brunch and potlucks.
Hash brown egg casserole is layered with hash brown patties, bacon, eggs and cheese. It’s a simple breakfast casserole that is easy to make and perfect for holidays, brunch and potlucks. This is the kind of recipe that is perfect for Christmas morning. It has simple ingredients and only takes minutes to put together. Pop it in the oven while you are opening gifts. Maybe even make a side of cinnamon rolls.
Not a morning person? Prep it the night before and throw it in the oven the morning of.
Weekend breakfasts are meant to be a little more special. Breakfast casseroles are one of the easiest dishes to make. They are easy to throw together, great for holidays, are delicious and can feed a crowd. Looking for some more breakfast casseroles? Try these below.
- Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits
- Hash brown Casserole
- Cranberry Orange Overnight French Toast
- Eggnog Overnight French Toast
- Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Lemon Blueberry Overnight French Toast
- French Toast Muffins
Hash Brown Egg Casserole Ingredients
- Hash Brown Patties- You can find these in the freezer section. No need to thaw them.
- Bacon- Fry up your bacon and crumble it.
- Milk- Whole milk is always best to bake with becuase of fat content but this recipe still works well with 1% or 2% milk.
- Eggs- Use large eggs.
- Shredded Cheese- Sharp cheddar cheese or monterey jack
- Salt and Pepper– I prefer freshly cracked pepper and sea salt.
How to Make Hash Brown Egg Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
Line the bottom of the baking dish with frozen hash brown patties. Evenly add bacon on top of hash brown patties. In a medium size bowl whisk eggs and milk together with salt and pepper.
Pour egg mixture over hash browns and bacon. Top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Bake at 350º F for 40 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
I like to serve this with some hot sauce or ketchup.
- 8 Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- 6-8 pieces of Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spray a baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Line the bottom of the baking dish with frozen hash brown patties.
- Evenly add bacon on top of hash brown patties.
- In a medium size bowl beat eggs and milk together with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over hash browns and bacon. Top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Other Casserole Mix Ins
- Sausage- Breakfast sausage, chorizo or a mild Italian sausage would work great. Just brown the sausage and drain the grease before adding it.
- Ham- Precooked ham cut into cubes.
- Bell Peppers- Sweet bell peppers shopped would be a great addition.
- Mushrooms– Portobello mushrooms would add a nice meaty flavor without the meat.
- Onions- Sweet onions or scallions work great in this recipe
Make Ahead of Time
We like to assemble the casserole the night before on holidays. It makes for an easy Christmas or Easter morning.
This recipe can be made the night before. Assemble all your ingredients, cover and refrigerate over night. The next morning place on counter about 20-30 minutes before baking. You don’t want to put a cold pan straight into the oven. You may need to add an additional 5-10 minutes to bake time.
Store leftovers in an air tight container for 3-4 days. You can also freeze the leftovers. I suggest to let it thaw before reheating.