The most beautiful flocked buffalo check plaid Christmas tree.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Every year I say this is the most beautiful tree I have ever decorated. Well this year this might actually be the most beautiful Christmas tree I have ever decorated. Last year I splurged and bought my first flocked Christmas tree. I had wanted one for as long as I could remember. And well are we really surprised I went with a buffalo check Christmas tree again?
This year I decided to stray a bit from my normal farmhouse Christmas. I was inspired by the idea of a Nordic Christmas. What does that mean? In my mind it was the idea of neutral colors with pops of reds and intentional textures that would keep you warm, like faux fur. You will see this throughout my living room and dining area.
Decorating for Christmas during a Renovation
Speaking of living and dining area. I am in the midst of a renovation so you guys are getting the first sneak peek of the open concept living room. Get the full living room reveal when I post my Christmas home tour tomorrow. While it was difficult to decorate in the midst of a renovation I pulled it off. I cannot wait to show it to you all. Check out the renovation reveal here!
Looking for more Christmas tree inspiration?
- Flocked Buffalo Check Christmas Tree
- Another Buffalo Check Christmas Tree
- Red and Black Buffalo Check Christmas Tree
- Mixed Metals Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- A Rustic Christmas Tree
Also stick around to the end of this post. There’s 40 more Christmas trees to check out!
How to decorate a christmas tree adding texture and depth
Decorating a Christmas tree is down to a science for me. Here is how I do it year after year. I don’t break the budget but the tree always looks grand and over the top!
Step 1- Assemble and fluff the tree.
Pull that tree out of the basement or the attic. If using a tree collar remember to set the base of the tree in the collar before assembling.
Step 2- Add in floral picks.
This will help your tree look much fuller especially if it is an older tree that has lost some of it’s fullness. This also helps add some dimension. I like using pine cones and red berries. You can usually find these on sale at the craft store.
Step 3- Add Garland or Ribbon.
This year I decided to use a mixture of both ribbon and red wooden beads. Because of the Scandinavian Christmas trend, wooden beads are very popular this year. It took 3 strands to cover the whole tree.
Step 4- Adorn your tree with ornaments.
What sparked the inspiration for this tree was wanting to incorporate dark greens. I found these dark green glass ornaments and thought they would add a nice layer of depth from the traditional green of Christmas. They would also go well with the black of the buffalo check ribbon. As for the pops of red I love mercury glass. I stumbled upon this beautiful set of 24 mercury glass ornaments at Home Goods they are the type of ornaments that are so well made you know you will still have them when your decorating your tree 50 years from now.
Step 5- Top your tree with a star or an angel.
Finally I don’t usually like the traditional tree toppers you find in the store. In fact I usually try to find something else to repurpose as a tree topper. This star is actually a giant ornament I found at a local shop years ago and modified it to become a tree topper.
Most importantly add a personal touch ornaments to add a personal touch to your tree or keep yourself on budget with some DIY Ornaments.
Welcome To Our Third Annual Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop!
Looking for Christmas Tree decorating ideas? We are sharing 40 absolutely beautiful Christmas Trees from some of your favorite home decor bloggers.
It’s the third year of the Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop hosted by Our Crafty Mom.
You will find holiday inspiration for just about every Christmas tree style. Check out 40 stunning Christmas trees below. Grab a Christmas margarita and settle in for some beautiful Christmas Trees and decor inspiration!
- Christmas Home Tour from Kippi at Home
- Christmas Tree With Traditional And Rustic Colors from Tribe of Burton
- Blue and White Chinoiserie Holiday Tree from Simple Nature Decor
- Colorful White Christmas Tree from Creative Ramblings
- A Farmhouse Style Christmas Tree from Simply Beautiful by Angela
- Christmas Trees 2019 from Virginia Sweet Pea
- Red Plaid Christmas Tree from 2 Bees in a Pod
- Christmas Tree Decor from Create and Babble
- DIY Luke 2 Christmas Tree from To Work with My Hands
- How To Decorate A Rustic Neutral Christmas Tree from One Thousand Oaks
- Simple and Elegant Country Class Christmas Tree Redneck Rhapsody
- Traditional Family Christmas Tree from Sustain My Craft Habit
- Christmas Tree Inspiration Ideas from My Life On Kaydeross Creek
- How To Put Ribbon On A Christmas Tree from Upright and Caffeinated
- Beautiful Minimal Christmas Tree Decor from Sonya Burgess
- Christmas Tree Ideas from Welcome to the Woods
- Christmas Tree Decor from Teadoddles
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Celebrate and Decorate
- Rustic Plaid Woodland Christmas Tree from Zucchini Sisters
- A Buffalo Check Flocked Christmas Tree from Weekend Craft
- Cozy Minimal Christmas Tree from Northern Feeling
- A Peppermint Striped Christmas Tree from County Road 407
- Elegant Flocked Christmas Tree With Blue and Silver from Our Crafty Mom
- Fabulous Tree in Blue, Rose Gold and Copper from Across the Boulevard
- Mini Beachmas Tree from My Pinterventures
- Plaid Decorated Christmas Tree from Intelligent Domestications
- Red Truck Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree from Modern on Monticello
- Christmas Tree Decor from Southern Yankee DIY
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from First Day of Home
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from From House to Home
- Christmas Tree Home Tour from Just That Perfect Piece
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Farmhouse Inspired Christmas Tree from Daily DIY Life
- Decorated Flocked Christmas Tree With Homemade Ornaments from Thrifted Nest
- Farmhouse Christmas Tree from Domestic Deadline
- Christmas Tree Decor from A Life Unfolding
- Christmas Tree from Oh Fiddle Dee Dee
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Happily Ever After, etc.