A Christmas morning mimosa is the best way to start your day on Christmas. A fun twist on a classic mimosa with bright flavors of cranberry and pomegranate.
Start your Christmas morning with a Christmas mimosa. It’s the perfect way to get you in the holiday spirit. With it’s simple ingredients it’s an easy cocktail to make first thing. This festive cocktail that is perfect for a Christmas brunch or gathering. You can also serve it in a large pitcher.
Christmas morning mimosas are made with Prosecco, pomegranate juice, cranberry juice finished with frozen cranberries and a sprig of rosemary.
Are you more of a cranberry orange person? Try this other version of a Christmas mimosa. Did you know you can make a non alcoholic Christmas mimosa? A simple yet perfect and inclusive mocktail recipe for Christmas that everyone can enjoy.
Christmas Mimosa Ingredients
- Sparking wine -Use your favorite sparkling wine or champagne. A dry wine like Prosecco is best.
- Cranberry Juice – I will recommend that you use cranberry juice cocktail for this recipe, not the 100% juice.
- Pomegranate Juice– You can find this in the produce section of the grocery store.
- Cranberries– Use frozen cranberries to keep your drink chilled. I buy fresh cranberries and freeze them for holiday cocktails. Whole cranberries don’t add to the flavor but make a festive garnish.
- Rosemary Sprigs– A sprig of rosemary adds a nice holiday twist mimicking pine or evergreen.
What Champagne is Best for Mimosas?
You can use Champagne but a dry sparkling wine makes for the best mimosas. I will usually use a bottle of Prosecco but Cava works well too. A dry wine complements and balances the sweetness of the juice for the perfect drink. You can use champagne just make sure to get a Brut or Extra Brut. Same goes with a classic mimosa just using orange juice.
How to Make Christmas Morning Mimosa
For this holiday cocktail you’ll want to start with a champagne flute, fill it halfway with your Prosecco, then another quarter of the way up with orange juice and the last quarter with cranberry juice. Garnish with frozen cranberries and fresh rosemary sprigs.
Enjoy with your Christmas breakfast or holiday brunch!
- 1/4 Cup Sparkling Wine
- 2 oz Pomegranate Juice
- 2 oz Cranberry Juice
- Frozen Cranberries
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- In your champagne flute combine sparkling wine, Pomegranate juice and cranberry juice.
- Garnish with cranberries and sprig of rosemary.
Making Holiday Mimosas for a Crowd?
Make a Christmas morning mimosa punch. Use 1 bottle of champagne or Prosecco, a cup of pomegranate juice and a cup of cranberry juice. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.