Red Christmas sangria is a festive twist on a red wine sangria with vodka, cranberry and pomegranate. Perfect holiday cocktail!
This red Christmas sangria is one of my favorite cocktail recipes to serve at a holiday party. It features fresh fruit, cinnamon sticks and a sprig of fresh rosemary for a merry and bright flavor! This cocktail looks impressive but is a simple recipe that easily comes together in a few quick steps. Which makes it perfect for the holiday season and a great drink to sip under a Christmas tree at this time of year.
One of the best things about this traditional sangria recipe is how versatile it is, using seasonal fruits such as green apples and cranberries and this recipe can easily be doubled for a crowd and served in a punch bowl. Using seasonal fruits such as green apples and cranberries makes this the perfect drink to serve at your next Christmas party, special occasion or when you feel the need to get into the holiday spirit.
More Sangria Recipes
- White Christmas Sangria
- Christmas Sangria
- Apple Cider Sangria
- Summer Sangria
- Red White and Blush Sangria
Christmas Sangria Ingredients
- Red Wine – A red wine on the sweeter side is great in this recipe.
- Pomegranate juice – You can find pomegranate juice in your produce section of the grocery store.
- Cranberry Juice – I will recommend that you use cranberry juice cocktail for this recipe, not the 100% juice.
- Ginger Ale – Adds a nice ginger flavor as well as some carbonation bubbles. If making ahead of time add ginger ale before serving.
- Vodka – Use your favorite vodka.
- Apples – to make it festive I used a green apple. It adds a nice tart flavor.
- Oranges – Sliced oranges add a great citrus flavor, feel free to use lime slices or any other fresh citrus you have on hand.
- Cranberries – I prefer frozen cranberries for garnish but fresh cranberries also work.
- Rosemary – A sprig of rosemary adds a nice holiday twist mimicking pine or evergreen.
- Cinnamon Sticks – Two cinnamon sticks adds a nice flavor and spice..
Notes- This recipe can also be made with cranberry pomegranate juice.
Best Sweet Red Wine To Use
This is a sweet red wine sangria. A red moscato works great or a sweet red blend. For this recipe I used Joesph Handlers sweet red from Trader Joe’s. I don’t recommend using a port it’s a bit too sweet. If you’re looking to make a white Christmas sangria a sauvignon blanc works well.
How to Make Red Christmas Sangria
To make this festive drink, in a large pitcher combine your bottle of wine, vodka, pomegranate juice, cranberry juice, sliced apples and oranges, cranberries and cinnamon sticks. Top it off with ginger ale before serving in individual glasses. For a festive look, I serve over ice cubes in stemless wine glasses and garnish the glasses with fresh rosemary sprigs and a few pomegranate seeds.
- 1 Bottle Sweet Red Wine
- 1/2 Cup Vodka
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 Cup Cranberry Juice
- 1 Cup Ginger Ale
- 1 Apple
- 1 Orange
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Fresh Rosemary
- In a large pitcher combine sweet red wine, vodka, pomegranate juice, cranberry juice, sliced apples and oranges, cranberries and cinnamon sticks
- Top off with ginger ale
- serve up in individual glasses
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprig