This White Christmas Sangria is everyone’s favorite holiday cocktail! A festive white wine sangria recipe that combines the crisp sweetness of apples, citrus and butterscotch.
White Christmas sangria a festive holiday cocktail recipe. Every holiday I make a signature cocktail when hosting. I like to make cocktails that can be made in pitchers for a crowd. This white wine sangria with sparkling apple cider, vodka and butterscotch schnapps is the perfect cocktail recipe for Christmas or your holiday party.
White Christmas Sangria is delicious festive drink and it’s such an easy cocktail recipe that is perfect for Christmas eve or Christmas dinner. Want to make it more festive? Make some infused ice cubes for your Christmas cocktails.
White Christmas Sangria Ingredients
- White Wine– Use your favorite white wine or a dry wine. Sauvignon blanc, pinot grigio and chardonnay works are great wines for sangria.
- Sparkling Apple Cider– Add a fizz to your sangria with a non-alcoholic sparkling apple cider. It adds a sweet crispness. Can’t find sparkling apple cider you can use regular apple cider.
- Whipped Vodka– Flavored vodka is my favorite to use in sangria. My go to for a Winter or Fall sangria is whipped or caramel vodka.
- Butterscotch Schnapps– One of my favorite liqueurs
- Cinnamon Sticks– Two cinnamon sticks adds a nice flavor and spice to the sangria.
- Apples– Sliced green apples works great. There’s a nice tartness to the apple but the green is also gives it a holiday look. Pears also work well.
- Oranges– Sliced oranges add a great citrus flavor.
- Cranberries– Use frozen cranberries to keep your drink chilled. I buy fresh cranberries and freeze them for holiday cocktails. Whole cranberries don’t add to the flavor but make a festive garnish.
- Rosemary Sprigs– A sprig of rosemary adds a nice holiday twist mimicking pine or evergreen.
How to Make White Christmas Sangria
In a large pitcher and add apples, oranges, frozen cranberries and cinnamon sticks. Pour white wine, sparkling apple cider, whipped vodka and butterscotch schnapps into your pitcher and stir. Refrigerate for at least an hour or longer.
You can definitely make this recipe the night before or in the morning. The longer it sits the tastier it will be, within reason. Feeling fancy? Rim the glasses with caramel before pouring.
Notes- Sangria too sweet? Add another bottle of wine.
- 1 Bottle White Wine
- 2 Cups Sparkling Apple Cider
- 1/2 Cup Whipped Vodka
- 1/4 Cup Butterscotch Schnapps
- 1 Orange Sliced
- 1 Apple Sliced
- 1 Cup Frozen Cranberries
- In a large pitcher add cinnamon, apples, oranges and cranberries.
- Pour white wine, sparkling apple cider, vodka and butterscotch schnapps into your pitcher and stir.
- Refrigerate for an hour or longer and enjoy!
Don't have whipped vodka? You can use regular vodka or caramel vodka. Apple Cider can also be substituted for sparkling apple cider.