This delicious eggnog martini is like Christmas in a glass. The creamy combination of eggnog, vanilla vodka and amaretto with a hint of nutmeg.
This creamy Eggnog martini is a great cocktail for your next holiday party. Let’s face it you either love eggnog or you don’t. I happen to love it and it’s delicious in a cocktail! The more classic cocktail with eggnog is eggnog with brandy or cognac. But it also makes for a great martini. This festive eggnog cocktail is the perfect drink to get you in the holiday spirit.
For me the holiday season is all about entertaining. When I throw a dinner or a Christmas party I like to make a signature cocktail. In the past I have made Christmas margaritas, apple cider sangria and even Christmas cranberry mimosas.
What is Eggnog?
Eggnog is a seasonal drink usually served during Christmas time. I is made of eggs, egg yolks, sugar, milk, heavy cream and vanilla extract. It’s thick in consistency but also very creamy and sweet. Often times it’s a holiday treat that’s served spiked with brandy.
Eggnog Martini Ingredients
- Eggnog– Is a seasonal drink that can be found in the dairy section of the grocery store. Usually between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Vanilla Vodka– Any vodka will work but a vanilla-flavored vodka is the best. I’ve also tried caramel and whipped vodka and they are a great addition.
- Amaretto– Sweet Italian liqueur. I usually use Disaronno.
- Cinnamon Stick– Fun way to garnish your cocktail.
- Nutmeg– I use whole nutmeg and freshly grate it on top of the martini. You can use ground nutmeg instead but I prefer fresh nutmeg.
How to Make an Eggnog Martini
In a cocktail shaker add ice, eggnog, vodka and amaretto. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds. Pour into a martini glass, top with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Want to make this festive cocktail fancy? Add some caramel syrup or caramel sauce to your martini glass or with a cinnamon sugar rim.
- 3 oz Eggnog
- 1 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz Amaretto Liqueur
- Cinnamon Stick (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker add ice, eggnog, vodka and amaretto.
- Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into a martini glass, top with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Can You Use a Different Alcohol?
- Rum Chata
- Spiced Rum
- Espresso Vodka
- Coffee Liqueur